'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

22 July 2011

Lucian Freud RIP

 Lucian Freud was born in Berlin on December 8, 1922. He was the gransdon of Sigmund Freud. When Hitler became Chancellor in 1933 the family moved to London. He was a self-proclaimed bad boy and at 17 he was associating with influential British avant-garde gay peers, including Stephen Spender,Cyril Connolly, and Peter Watson Freud  professed the importance of homosexuality and counter-culturalism in all art. After mishaps at art school and in the merchant navy he survived the war and began his quest to paint the ultimate and true portrait.
A Quote :- "It is said that the intensely heterosexual Lucian Freud only uses gay men for his male nudes and his representations of the male form are more sympathetic and sensitive than those of his females."
Most famous for his honest Female nudes, one of his favourite subjects after meeting in 1990 was the notorious and large fleshy Leigh Bowery the Australian performance artist, club promoter, actor, pop star, model and fashion designer, based in London. Freud stated "I found him perfectly beautiful," 
He died today aged 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here or in side bar or you can email me at pepispictures@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...