'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

08 March 2013

Driving Miss Daisy - Angela Lansbury

 Thursday 21st February
What an evening! We knew it would be something special  when it began with Angela Lansbury and James Earl Jones stepping on stage into a spotlight from opposite sides to thunderous applause. Watching legends in action on stage is a lesson in what is great acting. The nuances, the power, the timing and the tiny moments that only a star can deliver, all make you aware why some people have been in the public eye and heart for up to an astonishing seven decades.
 
The stars in town
Angela Lansbury at an astonishingly sprightly 87 years of age and the equally magnificent  82 year old James Earl Jones. Miss Lansbury has been in my list of favourite actors for so many decades. I recall the early masterpieces from the forties  like The Picture of Dorian Gray and Gaslight and the steady stream of characters she has created over the last 69 years. Of course the wonderful roles and iconic characters created by that voice and presence known as James Earl Jones is something so special that it was a doubly blessed evening. I half expected to see some light sabers in the audience. You know how fanatical some fans can  be.

Lansbury on stage and it all ended in a so well deserved standing ovation.
What an honour for us to be there.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...