'I think therefore I am.'  Descartes            'I AM THAT I AM.'  Exodus.3.        'I am what I am.'  La Cage aux Folles

07 March 2014

Theatre Catch Up

Moving house and lots of things that life throws at you. I have missed mentioning all the theatre and concerts etc I have been to since my last post. No matter what is happening I have to feed the soul or it is all pointless.
Otello
Guiseppe Verdi
Thursday 24th October Opera Queensland at the Lyric Theatre QPAC
One could not have wished for a more dramatic and brilliantly sung production. I Bravoed my heart and lungs out.

The brilliant Duet Otello and Iago performed with awesome power.
  Design For Living
Noel Coward
Friday 25th October QTC Playhouse
A sparkling beautiful production that had me laughing all the way through. Cheeky and sexy performances kept me enthralled.
Fez Faanana ( a sort of friend I like to say) as Miss Hodge and Matthew brought the house down several times. Truly show stopping performance.
Medea
Euripides of sorts
Wednesday 30th October Judith Wright Centre
Students of The Aboriginal Centre For The Performing Arts.
Some wonderful talent emerging from this wonderful training centre
A Murder Is Announced
Agatha Christie
Wednesday 15th January at The Playhouse
A hoot and a few very gorgeous actors.
Australia Day
Thursday 13th February at The Playhouse
 Never have I been to a show where the audience laughed so loudly and non stop for about  two and a half hours as we cringed at the familiar, were offended by the sexism, racism etc and recognised ourselves and our neighbours so vividly and humiliatingly. Such a great night with so much to say.
Australian String Quartet
Tuesday 4th March Qld Conservatorium Theatre
A truly thrilling night stretching from the use of sheep gut strings to create a more historic sound for early works to the use of space age looking electric instruments, water glasses, rattles, gongs, vocalisations and powerful music. Excitement plus.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...